[chef] initial knife setup

  • From: Tim Dunphy < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] initial knife setup
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 14:26:01 -0400

hello list,

Forgive my ignorance but I am new to chef.

I'm attempting to setup a knife client against a chef 10 (open source ). But when I run the following commands I get the following errors:

:~] #knife configure --initial
Overwrite /root/.chef/knife.rb? (Y/N) Y
Please enter the chef server URL: [http://chef.jokefire.com:4000]
Please enter a name for the new user: [root] jf-admin
Please enter the existing admin name: [admin] chef-webui
Please enter the location of the existing admin's private key: [/etc/chef/admin.pem] /etc/chef/webui.pem
Please enter the validation clientname: [chef-validator]
Please enter the location of the validation key: [/etc/chef/validation.pem]
Please enter the path to a chef repository (or leave blank): /root/chef/chef-repo
Creating initial API user...
Please enter a password for the new user:
ERROR: Server returned error for http://chef.jokefire.com:4000/users, retrying 1/5 in 4s
ERROR: Server returned error for http://chef.jokefire.com:4000/users, retrying 2/5 in 5s
ERROR: Server returned error for http://chef.jokefire.com:4000/users, retrying 3/5 in 13s
ERROR: Server returned error for http://chef.jokefire.com:4000/users, retrying 4/5 in 23s
ERROR: Server returned error for http://chef.jokefire.com:4000/users, retrying 5/5 in 48s
ERROR: internal server error
Response: undefined method `name' for nil:NilClass

thanks
tim
--
GPG me!!